Returning Focus to Elite:Dangerous

[PUBLIC] News and Announcements discussion
Driftwood
Site Admin

Re: Returning Focus to Elite:Dangerous

Postby Driftwood » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:22 pm

FYI: The new logo flashes up for a second and is then replaced with the old one when accessing the site from a mobile
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
DragoCubX
Diplomatic Attache

Postby DragoCubX » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:10 pm

Driftwood wrote:FYI: The new logo flashes up for a second and is then replaced with the old one when accessing the site from a mobile

Delete your browser cache if possible, should solve it.

ImageImage

Image Image
Image Image Image

Sigsy
Site Admin

Postby Sigsy » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:21 pm

For the Inara sig you'll need to regenerate it in Inara, not sure if the URL changes or not, I just copy pasted the link into signature in profile again.
Mal Reynolds
Wing Commander

Postby Mal Reynolds » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:00 pm

Sigsy wrote:For the Inara sig you'll need to regenerate it in Inara, not sure if the URL changes or not, I just copy pasted the link into signature in profile again.

I changed my details and the sig appeared to regenerate, but the URL is the same and if you visit that url it's the old picture. I think in a couple of hours it will sort itself out.

DeadlyElitePioneerSgr A
Campaign Medals
Jotunheim Destabilisation - August 3301LTT 9810 Defense - August 3301Cemiess Control CampaignCemiess - The Long GameDaesi - This Place is our Place

DragoCubX
Diplomatic Attache

Postby DragoCubX » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:12 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:
Sigsy wrote:For the Inara sig you'll need to regenerate it in Inara, not sure if the URL changes or not, I just copy pasted the link into signature in profile again.

I changed my details and the sig appeared to regenerate, but the URL is the same and if you visit that url it's the old picture. I think in a couple of hours it will sort itself out.

Nope, Ctrl+F5 does the job again :D

ImageImage

Image Image
Image Image Image

Mal Reynolds
Wing Commander

Postby Mal Reynolds » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:35 pm

DragoCubX wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:

Nope, Ctrl+F5 does the job again :D

Actually, I went back and changed the "license rank" from combat to trade and back and then ctrl+f5 worked - before that it wasn't budging.

DeadlyElitePioneerSgr A
Campaign Medals
Jotunheim Destabilisation - August 3301LTT 9810 Defense - August 3301Cemiess Control CampaignCemiess - The Long GameDaesi - This Place is our Place

Driftwood
Site Admin

Postby Driftwood » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:27 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:I like the re-focus on Elite. I like the new background to the site. I like the general design of the logo but it's a bit plain for my taste - perhaps you and Driftwood could collab and come up with something a little more .. more?

No collab as of yet but here's something I was messing with, here's what it would look like in place
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mal Reynolds
Wing Commander

Postby Mal Reynolds » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:09 pm

Walton was thinking of changing the background image and asked for submissions. Might be worth finding out the colour scheme of the new background and matching that. I had an idea that a nice shot of an Empire capital ship in a dock (there's one at a coriolis in CUBEO) might look good. So, colours there would be Empire white with a dark background and a sun (not sure what colour CUBEO is) with a scattering of stars and potentially some of the planet in view (is it earth like?).

DeadlyElitePioneerSgr A
Campaign Medals

DragoCubX
Diplomatic Attache

Postby DragoCubX » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:30 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:Walton was thinking of changing the background image and asked for submissions. Might be worth finding out the colour scheme of the new background and matching that. I had an idea that a nice shot of an Empire capital ship in a dock (there's one at a coriolis in CUBEO) might look good. So, colours there would be Empire white with a dark background and a sun (not sure what colour CUBEO is) with a scattering of stars and potentially some of the planet in view (is it earth like?).

Cubeo was B-class (blue) I think. Not sure though.

ImageImage

Image Image
Image Image Image

Driftwood
Site Admin

Postby Driftwood » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:22 pm

changing the background again! I kinda like the one we have now
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “6IC News and Announcements”