[Info] Discord Server

[PUBLIC] News and Announcements discussion
DragoCubX
Diplomatic Attache

[Info] Discord Server

Postby DragoCubX » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:20 am

DragoCubX wrote:Fellow Members,

I just created a Discord-Server for the "Distant Worlds"-Expedition.

I also created channels and a usergroup for us members, so you are free to use it to chit-chat with others about things that need to be discussed fast, while having all the chats saved compared to TS, where everything is just temporary. Here is the Link you can use to join the Server (you may have to create an account): https://discord.gg/0lNfovwqS9sRqXCr

I'm currently the only Admin/Mod, but I'll assign roles as people are coming on ;)

Update: Server is generalized for 6IC purposes, and all forum admins on it have advanced rights, so they should be able to help out with most moderation tasks in case I'm not available.

This is an optional means of communication for 6IC members and you are not required to use it. Also, while it has the ability of voice-chatting, TS is the main program for that purpose, so use that for regular voice comms.

ImageImage

Image Image
Image Image Image

CMDR Yannik Walton
Competent

Re: [Info] Discord Server

Postby CMDR Yannik Walton » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:35 pm

I like the part at the bottom.

Discord is certainly more for leaving instant messages / discussion for each other, but TS is by far superior for voice comms.

6IC Founder, All Round General Annoyance
Steam: [6IC] Walton
PS4: Walton2995
XBox360: TheZebraBoy

Mal Reynolds
Wing Commander

Re: [Info] Discord Server

Postby Mal Reynolds » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:45 pm

Discord will really come into it's own when people in different groups (aka games) on this site want to cross-chat with each other.

DeadlyElitePioneerSgr A
Campaign Medals
Jotunheim Destabilisation - August 3301LTT 9810 Defense - August 3301Cemiess Control CampaignCemiess - The Long GameDaesi - This Place is our Place

Return to “6IC News and Announcements”