My totally expected absence and the resulting reshuffle

[PUBLIC] News and Announcements discussion
Mal Reynolds
Wing Commander

My totally expected absence and the resulting reshuffle

Postby Mal Reynolds » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:58 pm

In ~2 months my wife and I will have our 2nd child and it is likely that as a result you're not going to see me for a while. Last time I was absent for ~1 month (mostly bad timing / lull in release cycle as now) the 6IC hit it's record low in terms of active membership and activity and I'd like to try and avoid that happening this time.

So... I'm calling for volunteers, people who will guarantee to at least "be around" on the forum and/or discord at least semi-regularly. I will be looking at our current forum admin/moderator members and sending out PMs to to find out if they see themselves being available, or not. Those who volunteer will be given an appropriate admin/moderator role. Existing admins/moderators who are not available will revert to being "normal" members. Anyone "demoted" should not feel that this is in any way a reflection of the job they have done in the past, it's not. Rather it's all about making sure our admins/mods are active members and are around to keep things ticking over.

I will be retaining my CEO/administration role - despite likely being absent myself - this is so that I can be called upon to help out, if necessary. I will delegate my various responsibilities to admins/moderators as required.

Sigsy will retain his administrative position so that he can be called upon to help, if necessary, though he is also "on a break" at present.

Walton "owns" the site lease and as such will retain his administrative position.

I am also going to request that Drago do something similar with Discord admin/moderator roles, if necessary.

DeadlyElitePioneerSgr A
Campaign Medals
Jotunheim Destabilisation - August 3301LTT 9810 Defense - August 3301Cemiess Control CampaignCemiess - The Long GameDaesi - This Place is our Place

SynDrone
First Lord of the Admiralty

Re: My totally expected absence and the resulting reshuffle

Postby SynDrone » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:28 pm

Id be happy to take on additional responsibilities. Im on discord & TS most days.
Ive already volunteered to take recruits who have no combat experience to CZ's or to have initial 1 to 1's etc.

Cheers
Mal Reynolds
Wing Commander

Postby Mal Reynolds » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:31 pm

SynDrone wrote:Id be happy to take on additional responsibilities. Im on discord & TS most days.

Thanks!

SynDrone wrote:Ive already volunteered to take recruits who have no combat experience to CZ's or to have initial 1 to 1's etc.

This is a great idea/initiative and we should definitely get this off the ground ASAP. Of course, we need some new recruits to experiment on :P

DeadlyElitePioneerSgr A
Campaign Medals
Jotunheim Destabilisation - August 3301LTT 9810 Defense - August 3301Cemiess Control CampaignCemiess - The Long GameDaesi - This Place is our Place

Mal Reynolds
Wing Commander

Postby Mal Reynolds » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:55 pm

The sorts of tasks which require cover are..

1- Administration of forum members/INARA wing members
2- Posting news/current events (in addition to the #devposts feed on Discord)
3- Keeping 6IC campaign forum posts up to date
4- Keeping 6IC google sheets/forms up to date
5- Directing our war efforts .. the position of "General" ;)

INARA is a bit of a pain as only the Wing Commander and one other rank can accept new members. I will retain Wing Commander but we'll re-assign the 2nd position (from Sigsy) to the person who will commit to accepting new recruit applications here on the forums.

For the position of General I have a few members in mind. It requires someone who is first and foremost interested and involved in our faction progress in game, with a good knowledge of the background simulation and the ability to plan ahead a little. There isn't a whole lot of strategy involved as we don't have a lot of competition as such from players and the AI is fairly "random" in it's efforts.

I've been in contact with Etherin Nor recently (The House of Etherin) and from what he can tell the other player factions near us are fairly dormant, in particular it looks like Angeli are no longer active - there being too many gaps in their sphere which ought to have been filled by expansion. One explanation is that they expanded earlier, before the expansion operated with it's current nearest fewer than 7 factions first rules. Alternately they may have expanded and subsequently been sent into retreat in several systems, creating the gaps we see today.

DeadlyElitePioneerSgr A
Campaign Medals

SynDrone

Postby SynDrone » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:54 pm

I don't mind taking on recruit acceptance and tie that in with what i said earlier regarding 1 on 1's, CZ intro etc.
Equally, I would also be willing help out with the "General" thing, though i made need some basic training around game/faction strategy :D

Im just happy to serve!
o7
Mal Reynolds
Wing Commander

Postby Mal Reynolds » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:58 pm

SynDrone wrote:I don't mind taking on recruit acceptance and tie that in with what i said earlier regarding 1 on 1's, CZ intro etc.
Equally, I would also be willing help out with the "General" thing, though i made need some basic training around game/faction strategy :D

Im just happy to serve!

Our new "General" or "Admiral" might want 1 or more Vice Admiral.. or, we could go all Imperial Navy and have a King, Prince, Duke, etc. Though, I think the Federal Navy ranks sound more naval..

http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Empire/Ranks
http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Federation/Ranks

DeadlyElitePioneerSgr A
Campaign Medals

Driftwood
Site Admin

Postby Driftwood » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:08 pm

As I'm not around at all at the moment I'll put myself up for a demotion from my admin role :(
Though I'd like to think I would be back in the game by the time you go (nothing personal, honest!), but who knows...

If anyone needs any help, I am still lurking on the forums and discord so pm or @Driftwood me and I'll see it.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
SynDrone

Postby SynDrone » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:24 pm

Grand Admiral Syndrone has a nice ring to it! :lol: :D
Geo
Admiralty Intelligence

Postby Geo » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:21 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:The sorts of tasks which require cover are..

1- Administration of forum members/INARA wing members
2- Posting news/current events (in addition to the #devposts feed on Discord)
3- Keeping 6IC campaign forum posts up to date
4- Keeping 6IC google sheets/forms up to date
5- Directing our war efforts .. the position of "General" ;)

1- Although it was a real honor to be promoted in the Inara wing organization, I found that I don't have the time or mind to check on our page too often. The fact that I can not access the page from my work computer does not help matters either. So it would be better for someone else to take that position.

2- In order to spread the news you have to read them first and lately I haven't been doing that a lot. So, scratch that. Discord too is a no-no for me.

3-I always check the forums. I find them easier to follow than Discord so I could take care of that, probably, either completely, or in support of any Admiral, General, Colonel. :lol:

4- I have been doing that systematically at least once a week. True, lately I haven't been up to the task, but this is due to lack of free time and not lack of mood. I will be happy to keep doing that. Two problems; One is that we haven't got the opportunity to have a crash course in google-sheets. The other thing that worries me is that I lately feel the need for some deep space exploration...

5- No such ambitions. I am willing to support anybody by completing the above tasks but I don't have the time or the ability to lead and plan.

I don't mind if all these mean losing my "Global moderator" status.
EliteElitePioneer
Mal Reynolds
Wing Commander

Postby Mal Reynolds » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:09 am

Driftwood wrote:As I'm not around at all at the moment I'll put myself up for a demotion from my admin role :(
Though I'd like to think I would be back in the game by the time you go (nothing personal, honest!), but who knows...

We can always wait and see, I might pull the trigger on a few ideas now and hold off on others. You might drop to Global Moderator, perhaps, and if your involvement picks up again you'd be a natural for Admin again.

DeadlyElitePioneerSgr A
Campaign Medals

Return to “6IC News and Announcements”