My totally expected absence and the resulting reshuffle

[PUBLIC] News and Announcements discussion
Mal Reynolds
Wing Commander

Re: My totally expected absence and the resulting reshuffle

Postby Mal Reynolds » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:16 am

Geo wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:The sorts of tasks which require cover are..

1- Administration of forum members/INARA wing members
2- Posting news/current events (in addition to the #devposts feed on Discord)
3- Keeping 6IC campaign forum posts up to date
4- Keeping 6IC google sheets/forms up to date
5- Directing our war efforts .. the position of "General" ;)

1- Although it was a real honor to be promoted in the Inara wing organization, I found that I don't have the time or mind to check on our page too often. The fact that I can not access the page from my work computer does not help matters either. So it would be better for someone else to take that position.

2- In order to spread the news you have to read them first and lately I haven't been doing that a lot. So, scratch that. Discord too is a no-no for me.

3-I always check the forums. I find them easier to follow than Discord so I could take care of that, probably, either completely, or in support of any Admiral, General, Colonel. :lol:

4- I have been doing that systematically at least once a week. True, lately I haven't been up to the task, but this is due to lack of free time and not lack of mood. I will be happy to keep doing that. Two problems; One is that we haven't got the opportunity to have a crash course in google-sheets. The other thing that worries me is that I lately feel the need for some deep space exploration...

5- No such ambitions. I am willing to support anybody by completing the above tasks but I don't have the time or the ability to lead and plan.

I don't mind if all these mean losing my "Global moderator" status.

1- No worries, thanks.

2- Fair enough.

3- Thanks. danux has already been helping with these, so you could be his 2nd here.

4- I would like to give you that crash course :) Being in charge of the sheets/forms is something you can manage while in deep space, all you need are reports from danux (for example) as to what sheets are needed, that sort of thing. Ideally we would get you and someone else up to speed on these and they could be your 2nd, perhaps danux, Driftwood, Odin or Drago?

5- Ok.

It's starting to look like we might have a team of 3 or 4 doing various things, which is good, because then the work load is spread and everyone has time still to do their own thing(s) in game and out.

IIRC Driftwood built the base system/faction sheet we still use - albeit with a load of modifications. Does anyone have any amount of experience with either or both Google sheets or forms?

DeadlyElitePioneerSgr A
Campaign Medals
Jotunheim Destabilisation - August 3301LTT 9810 Defense - August 3301Cemiess Control CampaignCemiess - The Long GameDaesi - This Place is our Place

E1ghtRoundsRapid
Competent

Postby E1ghtRoundsRapid » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:49 pm

I am often on Discord and Inara and can be on the forums too as my job gives me some downtime occasionally. I would be happy to help moderate, do whatever is needed.

The welcoming recruits/1 to 1 idea I think will make a huge difference in keeping up player counts. One of the main problems I had when finding a group (I went through quite a few if anyone remembers) was a lack of communication with other members and no friendly faces to welcome me or introduce me to others. I am happy to help provide that through Discord/Inara/the forums.

Also I feel we should try and arrange more in-game meetings and events. Happy to give that a go, I was planning to get some more gameplay footage anyway.
CMDR E1ghtRoundsRapid

Mal Reynolds
Wing Commander

Postby Mal Reynolds » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:05 pm

Today is baby day!

My daughter was born on Sun March 19th at ~10am, mother and baby are well, everyone is tired zzz..

Not sure how long I will be absent, at least as long as it takes to find a new "normal" ;)

DeadlyElitePioneerSgr A
Campaign Medals
Jotunheim Destabilisation - August 3301LTT 9810 Defense - August 3301Cemiess Control CampaignCemiess - The Long GameDaesi - This Place is our Place

Wolfie67
BGS MVP

Postby Wolfie67 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:55 pm

Congratulations to you and the missus. :D

Wolfie.

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Geo
Admiralty Intelligence

Postby Geo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:38 am

When mine were born I started to look up for appropriate t-shirts for future use
EliteElitePioneer
E1ghtRoundsRapid
Competent

Postby E1ghtRoundsRapid » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:43 am

Congratulations! Start the HOTAS training ASAP!
CMDR E1ghtRoundsRapid

Carneades
Harmless

Postby Carneades » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:29 am

Congratulations Mal! Must get used to do fsd jumps while rocking the cradle ;)
Mal Reynolds
Wing Commander

Postby Mal Reynolds » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:33 am

Thanks guys! :)

DeadlyElitePioneerSgr A
Campaign Medals

speighty
Novice

Postby speighty » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:46 pm

Grats Mal!

Return to “6IC News and Announcements”