Introducing the 6th Interstellar Admiralty

[PUBLIC] News and Announcements discussion
Mal Reynolds
Wing Commander

Introducing the 6th Interstellar Admiralty

Postby Mal Reynolds » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:59 pm

6th Interstellar Admiralty

As a result of this thread and some discussion with our more active members I have come up with the following proposal.

The following members will take on roles in my absence and assuming all goes well will continue to serve in these roles on my return. I have been meaning to give more members more active roles instead of hogging all the fun myself and this is really the perfect opportunity to do so. So, this is not a 'temporary until I return' kind of thing but a permanent change which we will continue to tweak and build on as required.

So, without further ado it gives me great pleasure to announce..

'First Lord of the Admiralty' .. SynDrone

This role is primarily involved with directing our war efforts within the BGS, selecting systems to target, choosing which system to pursue a war in and with whom and so on. He will be supported by the members of the Admiralty, the 6IC in general and in particular Wolfie67, danux, and Odin_051

'Admiralty Operations' .. danux

This role is primarily involved with maintaining our forum thread "BGS: 6IC Galactic Domination", the "CAMPAIGN:" threads, and the status and news on the primary google sheet, here. He will be supported by the members of the Admiralty, the 6IC in general and in particular Geo and Wolfie67.

'Admiralty Intelligence' .. Geo

This role is primarily involved with maintaining and collecting our intelligence including the Google forms and sheets. He will be supported by the members of the Admiralty, the 6IC in general and in particular Odin_051, and Wolfie67. I will be doing a crash course in what we currently very shortly (aiming for Sat 18th starting @ 9-10pm GMT, at this stage).

'Admiralty Naval Staff' .. Odin_051

This role is primarily involved with administration of new members on the forum and INARA. He will be supported by the members of the Admiralty, the 6IC in general and in particular our existing administrative and moderation team.

Can you each confirm acceptance of your role at your earliest convenience.

It is important to note that this does not change the basic emphasis in the 6IC that all members are equal, these are organisational/administrative roles and not ranks. I have decided not to alter any of the existing Administrator or Moderator positions and will be assigning the required positions to each member of the Admiralty (assuming they accept their position) based on their role requirements. I will also be creating custom forum titles for each of the Admiralty members.

Also, please note that the formation of the Admiralty and it's roles was focused on covering the sorts of things I have been doing personally, with your support, up until now. It does not specifically recognise the long term support and contributions of our other members who perform other and more varied tasks. I am thinking in particular of members like DragoCubX, Driftwood, Stargatemunky, SergeantJammy and the many, many members we have who contribute support and knowledge to our group.

- So say we all.

DeadlyElitePioneerSgr A
Campaign Medals
Jotunheim Destabilisation - August 3301LTT 9810 Defense - August 3301Cemiess Control CampaignCemiess - The Long GameDaesi - This Place is our Place

Odin_051
Admiralty Naval Staff

Re: Introducing the 6th Interstellar Admiralty

Postby Odin_051 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:39 am

Sounds good to me Mal!
ImageImageImage
Geo
Admiralty Intelligence

Postby Geo » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:31 am

Now to arrange for a car, a driver and a parking spot :P

Confirmed by me.
EliteElitePioneer
DragoCubX
Diplomatic Attache

Postby DragoCubX » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:10 am

Hey guys,

first of all, congratulations to all members of our new Admirality! Be assured you have my full support :D

Now, it finally looks like both my interest and my free time are starting to increase again (albeit slowly), so you can expect a bit more activity from me in the near future ;)

ImageImage

Image Image
Image Image Image

Mal Reynolds
Wing Commander

Postby Mal Reynolds » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:47 am

Odin_051 wrote:Sounds good to me Mal!

Excellent.

You now have Administrator rights here on the forums, let me know if you need a crash course in driving the admin interface as it can be a bit daunting to start with.

You are also deputy wing commander on INARA - as I believe only Wing Commander and Deputy have the ability to accept new members.

Sigsy, I had to move you down one slot to Chief of Staff, for this reason.

Geo wrote:Now to arrange for a car, a driver and a parking spot :P
Confirmed by me.

Yay :)

DragoCubX wrote:Now, it finally looks like both my interest and my free time are starting to increase again (albeit slowly), so you can expect a bit more activity from me in the near future ;)

(totally sincere, honestly, I also just love how cute this seal is)

DeadlyElitePioneerSgr A
Campaign Medals
Jotunheim Destabilisation - August 3301LTT 9810 Defense - August 3301Cemiess Control CampaignCemiess - The Long GameDaesi - This Place is our Place

danux
Admiralty Operations

Postby danux » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:50 am

I accept
Image Image Image
Image Image
SynDrone
First Lord of the Admiralty

Postby SynDrone » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:08 pm

It looks like the Admiralty is working well. Glad to be a part of it!

Danux/Odin, will you guys be implementing a process where new recruits needs to go through several steps before theyre given membership status? Such as they have to spend time in a cz with a member, minimal presence on ts and so on..

If only we had Admiralty decals! :D
Odin_051
Admiralty Naval Staff

Postby Odin_051 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:25 am

SynDrone wrote:Danux/Odin, will you guys be implementing a process where new recruits needs to go through several steps before theyre given membership status? Such as they have to spend time in a cz with a member, minimal presence on ts and so on..

I was under the impression that this was an ongoing discussion. Was a decision made to implement this?
ImageImageImage
Mal Reynolds
Wing Commander

Postby Mal Reynolds » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:43 am

Odin_051 wrote:
SynDrone wrote:Danux/Odin, will you guys be implementing a process where new recruits needs to go through several steps before theyre given membership status? Such as they have to spend time in a cz with a member, minimal presence on ts and so on..

I was under the impression that this was an ongoing discussion. Was a decision made to implement this?

There was a bit of discussion here.

From this we decided..
- That we should be more open with recruits about what is required of them - that they need to convince 3 members to vouch for them.
- To implement "meet and greets".

So, I updated the recruit information post here to reflect those decisions.

We did not decide to define specific things for a recruit to do and TBH I don't really like that idea because everyone is different, with different personalities, and different situations. For example they might not be able to use TS much because they share their gaming room with other people and background noise. So, I would rather not say that they have to do that, because they might manage it to get full membership but they're unlikely to continue it afterwards, so we get a false idea of their intended interaction etc.

At the end of the day each recruit has to convince 3 members to vouch for them, and while we suggest ways to do that (like meet and greet) ultimately up to them to decide what to do to achieve that.

Edit: One last thing.. the Admiralty does not have any special powers to make changes to wing policy. Wing policy is decided by discussion and if necessary a vote among all members. If the policy is something the admin/moderator members have to implement then their vote will count for more and the Admiralty falls under this rule also. As CEO I will have the final say in cases where there is no clear cut outcome, because sometimes a decision has to be made and this guarantees it.

DeadlyElitePioneerSgr A
Campaign Medals

Return to “6IC News and Announcements”