Mining all day (Bromellite PARTAY): 26/11/2016

[PRIVATE] 6th Interstellar Corps only chat
danux
Admiralty Operations

Mining all day (Bromellite PARTAY): 26/11/2016

Postby danux » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:25 am

Greetings CMDRs

I will be spending Saturday mining. The plan is to unlock Selene Jean - she requires a player to have mined 500t of ore. I figured this could be a fun group activity, and the other half is Christmas shopping all day so I can sit on TS. Something people can just dip in to if they're online, and there will always be need of bounty hunters to help take out pirates.

... Slightly shadier characters may also be interested in finding out if that prospector stacking thing works or not...

Ships

If you'd like to mine sort yourself a mining vessel ahead of time. If you'd like to come and bounty hunt and keep pirates off the miners then just use whatever ship you like...

Here's a Cobra MK4 starting from around 8mil:
https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/cobra_m ... ng%20build

Splash out at least 13mil to have weapons too:
https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/cobra_m ... ng%20build

Anaconda basics, just what you need for basic mining, you're responsible for staying alive:
https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/anacond ... EzEA%3D%3D.

If anyone has a T9 build that they use and can share I'd like to build and engineer one if I have time before? I guess a ship launched fighter could also be a valid way to stay alive?

Main things to have:
- A mining laser, 1 medium seems fine
- 1A prospector, you don't need anything bigger
- 10 bin refinery is ideal (4A)
- Collector - the more the merrier
- Fill up with limpets, they'll go down very quickly and create plenty of space for ore

Locations

The next engineer after Selene Jean requires 50 bromellite to unlock, so I'm thinking with a decent enough cargo space, might as well kill 2 birds with one stone and get 50 bromellite as part of the 500.

Out of the bubble - Safe, but requires ships to either dump their cargo every so often, or spend a long time traveling back to sell ore.

RES site in the bubble - More risk of pirates, possibly better quality ore though?? Also if we have people that want to come and bounty hunt this will be more fun for them

Ring in the bubble, none RES site - Maybe a happy medium as you may get the odd pirate?

Another option might be to stack missions in Daesi. I often see mining missions that can be completed in the ice rings.

I've also got some HIP system about 60ly from Daesi bookmarked as a good mining location.

Edit:

Looking like we've got a few people also after bromellite, but because that engineer (with G5 PAs) is the one after Selene Jean, these people will already have done their 500 ton.

So, let's make this a bromellite party. People who still need to unlock Selene Jean can mine their 500. Those who already have Selene Jean and have already progressed and can't face mining another rock... they can provide protection while the miners drop bromellite for them.

Any bromellite after that can just be shared out amongst anyone else in 6ic who needs this engineer.
Image Image Image
Image Image
Sigsy
Site Admin

Re: Mining all day: 26/11/2016

Postby Sigsy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:26 am

You'll get plenty of bromelite in the ice rings at Daesi 14.
If I'm about I'll get my Type9 Miner out and join you, low rez sites are fine if you have fighters.

Here's my setup: (Note that I only use an 8 bin refinery for ice mining as there isn't to many different ores to collect, you might want to up it to 10 for regular mining.)
https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/type_9_ ... 18eQ%3D%3D.
DragoCubX
Diplomatic Attache

Postby DragoCubX » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:12 pm

If you promise going into a RES, and that I'll get enough bromellite too, I'll guard you with my life! o7

Greets,

Drago

ImageImage

Image Image
Image Image Image

danux
Admiralty Operations

Postby danux » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:49 pm

Thanks for the input both!

My Conda will only have 200ish space, so I'm more than happy to dump 50 (20, 20, 10) bromellites at a time for anyone that comes along to give protection, or just needs to unlock that engineer but doesn't have a miner. Subject to availability...

Sounds like a RES at Daesi 14 would be the perfect place for this then.
Image Image Image
Image Image
Geo
Admiralty Intelligence

Postby Geo » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:47 pm

1 (one) mining laser? Talking about patience...

I will try to join you since I need the bromellite for someone ...
EliteElitePioneer
Odin_051
Admiralty Naval Staff

Postby Odin_051 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:54 pm

If I can get online I'll gladly work protection detail, I think I'll be in need of the 50 bromelite as well.
ImageImageImage
danux
Admiralty Operations

Postby danux » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:05 pm

Geo wrote:1 (one) mining laser? Talking about patience...

I find the bottle neck to always be collector limpets rather than the laser - am I missing something maybe?
Image Image Image
Image Image
Sigsy
Site Admin

Postby Sigsy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:09 pm

danux wrote:

I find the bottle neck to always be collector limpets rather than the laser - am I missing something maybe?

I would agree with you on that, and I run about 10 active limpets and 2 medium mining lasers.
Mal Reynolds
Wing Commander

Postby Mal Reynolds » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:38 pm

danux wrote:

So long as you've got time to fire a few prospectors while the limpets work, after the last chunk has been chipped off, seems legit to me. It also means the chunk life is spread over a wider range, so less chance a chunk will be ignored unto death.

DeadlyElitePioneerSgr A
Campaign Medals
Jotunheim Destabilisation - August 3301LTT 9810 Defense - August 3301Cemiess Control CampaignCemiess - The Long GameDaesi - This Place is our Place

danux
Admiralty Operations

Re: Mining all day (Bromellite PARTAY): 26/11/2016

Postby danux » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:10 pm

Turns out what I was missing was that you can have multiple collector limpet controllers :D
Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Chat”