WINGS!.. not the Paul McCartney flavour.

[PRIVATE] 6th Interstellar Corps only chat

Is this something you think we should look at further?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:45 am

Yes
75%
No
13%
Don't care
13%

Total votes: 16
Sigsy
Site Admin

WINGS!.. not the Paul McCartney flavour.

Postby Sigsy » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:45 am

Sup fellas,
We were toying with the idea of everyone having the option to create flights and wings within the corp.
4 man wings with a designated wing leader, give the wing a name, create a wing badge etc etc
Wings would be completely optional and could be created by people who are regualry online at the same times, it could be a mining wing, powerplay wing, a wing for super handsome badasses like the one I would make or people who just want to for shits'n'giggles.
However any ranks like wing leader, flight leader etc would just be pure window dressing, our flat rank structure would still apply.
We thought it might add a bit of flavour to the place, maybe stir up some healthy competition, who knows, 2 wings might decide to duke it out or have a race night etc? ;)
There are some things to work out, it would have to be constructed in such a way that avoids cliques, people being excluded and wings shuffling off into their little corners and segregating themselves from the wider community.

Anyways, it was just an idea flashing about in the pan, no thought has been put into it's construction or implementation yet,
We're just looking for feedback to begin with.

Thoughts chaps?
TTMJ
Harmless

Re: WINGS!.. not the Paul McCartney flavour.

Postby TTMJ » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:51 am

It can help with the need some people have for ranks without changing the core idea of the 6IC, I'm all for it.
E1ghtRoundsRapid
Competent

Re: WINGS!.. not the Paul McCartney flavour.

Postby E1ghtRoundsRapid » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:57 pm

I agree with this. It will give some discipline to events thats for sure and help organise the group a bit better.

When trying to organise the SLF fight, it would have been alot easier if I had separate and pre arranged wings to talk to and co-ordinate. Also it would be really helpful in combat situations, CZ's etc.

However sticking with the democratic nature of 6IC, I would like to propose that wing leaders have a fixed term of office, say a few months or so. After which a new wing leader can be selected or the old one can stay on if everyone is happy.
CMDR E1ghtRoundsRapid

Return to “Chat”