Returning Focus to Elite:Dangerous

[PUBLIC] News and Announcements discussion
User avatar
CMDR Yannik Walton
Competent
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:59 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Contact:

Returning Focus to Elite:Dangerous

Postby CMDR Yannik Walton » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:44 pm

Commanders,

Image

As pretty much all of you know, we moved from our old hosts to this one and also shortened our URL to just 6ic.co.uk from 6thinterstellar.co.uk - which makes life a lot easier for all, I'm sure!

When we moved here, my aim was to expand into other games and build up a sort-of non specific gaming community. However, that was probably a bad idea. I watered down our focus too much, when we're all really here for Elite. Other games on the side are cool, but our main focus is Elite.

So, today I made the decision (sorry, admins! But I'm sure you'll be 100% behind this!) to go back to being focused on Elite:Dangerous. This means we can really build a brand again as being one of the best Elite:Dangerous wings out there. Not the best by means of combat status or whatever, but the best by means of community.

With this re-focusing, I'd like to call upon everyone to come together and promote the 6IC, bring in your friends, advertise it where you can, and really go out there to show the 6IC brand and name to people you think would be a brilliant addition to our group!

A new 6IC logo has been produced, embodying our approach to Elite. Keeping it simple, with 3 stars to represent the 3 star systems we have inhabited, chronicling our journey through the galaxy. I have done away with Empire logos within it, however we are still Empire focused.

Further changes are coming.



CMDR Yannik Walton

6IC Founder, All Round General Annoyance
Steam: [6IC] Walton
PS4: Walton2995
XBox360: TheZebraBoy

User avatar
Mal Reynolds
Wing Commander
Posts: 1326
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: Returning Focus to Elite:Dangerous

Postby Mal Reynolds » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:14 pm

I like the re-focus on Elite. I like the new background to the site. I like the general design of the logo but it's a bit plain for my taste - perhaps you and Driftwood could collab and come up with something a little more .. more?

Image
DeadlyElitePioneerSgr A
Campaign Medals
Jotunheim Destabilisation - August 3301LTT 9810 Defense - August 3301Cemiess Control CampaignCemiess - The Long GameDaesi - This Place is our Place

User avatar
Mal Reynolds
Wing Commander
Posts: 1326
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: Returning Focus to Elite:Dangerous

Postby Mal Reynolds » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:55 pm

The logo at the top of the site is quite big.. have to scroll down a lot now. Could move it over to the left and make it smaller maybe?

Image
DeadlyElitePioneerSgr A
Campaign Medals
Jotunheim Destabilisation - August 3301LTT 9810 Defense - August 3301Cemiess Control CampaignCemiess - The Long GameDaesi - This Place is our Place

User avatar
DragoCubX
Diplomatic Attache
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:06 pm

Re: Returning Focus to Elite:Dangerous

Postby DragoCubX » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:26 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:The logo at the top of the site is quite big.. have to scroll down a lot now. Could move it over to the left and make it smaller maybe?

Wait, the site has changed already? I still see the old layout o_O

Image



ImageImage


Image Image
Image Image Image

User avatar
Sigsy
Site Admin
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:13 am
Location: Newcastle, UK.

Re: Returning Focus to Elite:Dangerous

Postby Sigsy » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:30 pm

Press Ctrl + F5 to reload the page fully, you're seeing the cached icon.
Image
User avatar
DragoCubX
Diplomatic Attache
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:06 pm

Re: Returning Focus to Elite:Dangerous

Postby DragoCubX » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:37 pm

Sigsy wrote:Press Ctrl + F5 to reload the page fully, you're seeing the cached icon.

That worked, yes :D

Image



ImageImage


Image Image
Image Image Image

User avatar
CMDR Yannik Walton
Competent
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:59 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Contact:

Re: Returning Focus to Elite:Dangerous

Postby CMDR Yannik Walton » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:56 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:I like the re-focus on Elite. I like the new background to the site. I like the general design of the logo but it's a bit plain for my taste - perhaps you and Driftwood could collab and come up with something a little more .. more?



I personally like plainer, bolder statement logos, but I can have a go at sprucing this one up with some more flairy-wairy things

6IC Founder, All Round General Annoyance
Steam: [6IC] Walton
PS4: Walton2995
XBox360: TheZebraBoy

User avatar
Mal Reynolds
Wing Commander
Posts: 1326
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: Returning Focus to Elite:Dangerous

Postby Mal Reynolds » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:02 am

CMDR Yannik Walton wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:I like the re-focus on Elite. I like the new background to the site. I like the general design of the logo but it's a bit plain for my taste - perhaps you and Driftwood could collab and come up with something a little more .. more?



I personally like plainer, bolder statement logos, but I can have a go at sprucing this one up with some more flairy-wairy things


I think all I want is a solid fill on the circle 2/3 colours? And some anti-aliasing? Maybe.. might just be me tho.

Image
DeadlyElitePioneerSgr A
Campaign Medals
Jotunheim Destabilisation - August 3301LTT 9810 Defense - August 3301Cemiess Control CampaignCemiess - The Long GameDaesi - This Place is our Place

User avatar
CMDR Yannik Walton
Competent
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:59 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Contact:

Re: Returning Focus to Elite:Dangerous

Postby CMDR Yannik Walton » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:04 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:
CMDR Yannik Walton wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:I like the re-focus on Elite. I like the new background to the site. I like the general design of the logo but it's a bit plain for my taste - perhaps you and Driftwood could collab and come up with something a little more .. more?



I personally like plainer, bolder statement logos, but I can have a go at sprucing this one up with some more flairy-wairy things


I think all I want is a solid fill on the circle 2/3 colours? And some anti-aliasing? Maybe.. might just be me tho.



Design speaking, anti-aliasing doesn't exist, it only really exists to smooth out 3d rendering.

I can try filling the circle!

6IC Founder, All Round General Annoyance
Steam: [6IC] Walton
PS4: Walton2995
XBox360: TheZebraBoy

User avatar
DragoCubX
Diplomatic Attache
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:06 pm

Re: Returning Focus to Elite:Dangerous

Postby DragoCubX » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:25 am

As soon as we're done editing the logo: Change it on Inara too so it shows it in the signatures :D

Image



ImageImage


Image Image
Image Image Image


Return to “6IC News and Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest