Recommended mods

[PUBLIC] Chat about the game here.
danux
Admiralty Operations

Recommended mods

Postby danux » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:15 am

Any one got any? Started playing on Friday night and I'm loving the game. One thing I've noticed is making my cities lack authenticity is the lack of parking... A few parking lots would really make the place look more like a real city. Other mods that provide variety or enhanced buildings are welcome.. mods that turn everyone nude or silly stuff like that... not so interested.
Image Image Image
Image Image
Stargatemunky
Master

Re: Recommended mods

Postby Stargatemunky » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:40 pm

You can buy steam workshop created car parks.

Most of the required mods have now been patched into the game now.

You can use the first person camera mod and isometric camera mod if you want some more variety.

Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his Gods.
CMDR Yannik Walton
Competent

Postby CMDR Yannik Walton » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:09 pm

I've got the European Buildings set, it just looks so... European. I mix that with the UK Buildings for a bit of a mishmash of Euro and Brit styles. No Brexit here!

I've got -

Automatic Bulldoze - gets rid of abandoned / burned out buildings for you so you don't have to waste time doing that yourself.
Infinite Oil and Ore - so my resource areas don't deplete as I can't be arsed to have to move shit around and have industry fail over time.
Advanced Vehicle Options - I got sick of all the cars being bright and like toys, so with this I modded them to be all dull, like me.
Better Bulldozer - like Automatic Bulldozer, but this one you can select to destroy certain buildings and it'll just do it across the city.
Traffic Report Tool 2.0 - tells you how shit you are at managing traffic.
Enhanced Garbage Truck AI - makes your binmen a bit more cleverer at cleverisingly picking up the garbage.
Automatic Emptying - what a godsend! Automatically selects 'empty building' when full so you don't end up with 50 landfill sites all full and crying over having to do it all manually.
City Vitals Watch - really good tool that brings up the red-yellow-green status bars of various things such as water availability, electricity, pollution, education etc. and always has them on screen so you can sort things out on the fly.
Auto Line Color - changes colours of routes so you can easily distinguish between them.
Traffic Manager+ Improved AI - VERY useful for modifying roads so you can have full control over traffic flow.

6IC Founder, All Round General Annoyance
Steam: [6IC] Walton
PS4: Walton2995
XBox360: TheZebraBoy

danux
Admiralty Operations

Postby danux » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:46 am

Thanks Walton, all really good recommendations. I also got a precision engineering mod that gives you overlays of angle degrees which is really nice!

Traffic Report Tool 2.0 - tells you how shit you are at managing traffic.

Very bad, as it turns out!
Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Cities: Skylines”